Ingredients (makes 6 scones):
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 dessert spoons sugar (feel free to use coconut or brown, white...)
- ¾ cup plant based milk mixed with some orange juice
- ¼ cup oil (I used rice bran)
- orange zest
- ½ cup chopped dates
- Preheat the oven to 200° C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Stir in wet ingredients (oil, plant milk) until combined.
- Add orange zest and dates.
- Scoop the dough into 6 scones onto the baking tray and bake them at 200ºC for approx 12 minutes (or until golden brown).