- 1 + 1/4 cup peeled and sliced feijoas
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 50g coconut oil
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup walnut pieces (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten (VEGAN version with Flax egg: For each egg, combine 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed (measure after grinding) with 3 tablespoons of water.)
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Place feijoas, sugar, salt, coconut oil and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil, cook gently for 5 minutes and then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Carefully stir in the dry ingredients and egg (or Flax egg).
- Mix until dry ingredients are just moistened. Bake in a lined loaf pan for 50 minutes until loaf feels firm and a skewer inserted comes out clean.