- 1-2 tsp of coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- Mix together the sugar, cacao powder, starch, and salt in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Heat the coconut milk, water and cinnamon in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat until steaming.
- Add a couple tablespoons of the hot liquid to the cacao mixture and whisk until smooth. This will help you avoid clumps of cacao in your hot chocolate.
- Pour the cacao mixture into the milk pan, and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. It will thicken slightly in this time.
- Add the coconut oil, it will melt instantly.
- Remove from heat, and let sit for 5-10 minutes so it lowers to a drinkable temperature.